If your hair is fine and limp, you probably hate it on a daily basis, I would like to start my first ever post by recommending some products to give your hair more volume.
Fear not! There is a wide variety of products on the market that you can use to help you deal with your hair. Where do you start? The best place to start looking for products is the same place you get your hair done. Buying your hair care products from a professional stylist will guarantee that you will get the right product for your hair type.
Shampoos and conditioners for fine hair must strike a delicate balance. They must moisturize but not cause the hair to become heavy and lifeless. Keep the following tips in mind
- Use a daily shampoo for volume, then get a second shampoo that you use every second or third time you shampoo for moisture
- Use a daily conditioner to replenish lost moisture every day. Then use a second conditioner that provides extra moisture once a week. Caution, this may make your hair a little heavy, so maybe you should do this on a Sunday or a rainy stay-at-home kind of day.
On to styling products, we want something that holds your hair but still gives it a natural look.
- Root boosts or volume foams do just that. Mousses are good too, but they can be little stiff for some people’s tastes.
- Mousse is not recommended for curly hair unless it is specifically made for curly hair. They make the hair fuzzy and fuzzy is not good unless you are a bear!
- Another good styling product for fine hair is a cream gel. It gives hold and leaves your hair soft, unlike regular gels that are stiff and weight the hair down.
Remember, towel dry your hair before sparingly applying your product. Blow dry your hair either upside down or in the opposite direction of how you wear it until it is nearly dry. Then, start with whatever styling tool you use, i.e., round brush. If using a round brush take the heat away and leave the hair around the brush to cool. This will help set the hair and can really help give the base some added lift.
Then you can finish with a light weight hairspray for added hold.